Beach Lifeguard Course
The three day Surf Coach Safety and Rescue Award establishes a standard that demonstrates the level of competence in life saving to meet the needs of the Surf Coach, enabling more location and job specific training and assessment. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times and lifting. The Surf Coach Safety and Rescue Award is comprised of a variety of units and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
How Will the Qualification Benefit You?
- Created by industry experts, providing you with quality training
- UK recognised award.
- Regulated by Surf Lifesaving Great Britain
- Training is in accordance with the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982
- Minimum requirement to work for in the surf coaching industry
- Will give you the knowledge and confidence to deal with emergency situations, potentially saving someone’s life
- It’s a perfect starting block to enter the surf coaching industry
When You Get Your Qualification
- It lasts for two years before yo will need to take a Lifeguard Proficiency
- Your course manual will act as a guide throughout the duration of your qualification, so it’s always there to refer back to should you ever need it.
How to Take Your Qualification Further
The Surf Coach Safety and Rescue Award is a perfect starting point for someone interested in first aid and the responsibilities of holding a paid surf coach position. To further this qualification you may wish to consider the National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification (NVBLQ).
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be capable of kneeling on the floor to deliver CPR
- Be physically fit
- Become a member of SLSGB
- To demonstrate good swimming ability
- To demonstrate confidence in breaking waves
- £250 for an individual
- Discounts for groups and businesses
How to Book
- Get in contact by phone or email to enquire or book
I completed a Surf Lifeguard with Robin to gain employment as a Surf Coach for the summer
I was looking to work on the beach as a Lifeguard. After I completed my Beach Lifeguard award with Freewave Training award I was able to gain employment with the RNLI Lifeguards
Every three years I have to retake my First Aid at Work certificate. The course we did with Robin at Freewave Training was great fun and really informative.
We did a 1 day Emergency First Aid for all of the staff at our school. The trainers made the day really enjoyable and kept 22 teachers engaged for the whole day!
We use Freewave Training for our First Aid and Beach Lifeguarding needs. The nature of our industry carries a greater risk than most and so it is great to have someone that has had such a wealth of experience in this area.
My parents are getting on a bit and so I wanted to do a First Aid course to lear how to help them and others if a problem should arise. I knew absolutely nothing before taking the one day first aid course, however now I feel confident to be able to help if someone needed it