Surf Coach Safety and Rescue Award
The 3 day Surf Coach Safety and Rescue Award establishes a standard that demonstrates the level of competence in lifesaving to meet the needs of becoming and operating as a Surf Coach. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times and lifting. The Surf Coach Safety and Rescue Award is comprised of a variety of units and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
How Will the Surf Coach Qualification Benefit You?
- Created by industry experts, providing you with quality training
UK recognised award.
- Regulated by Surf Lifesaving Great Britain
- Training is in accordance with the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982
- The minimum requirement to work for in the surf coaching industry as a surf coach.
- Will give you the knowledge and confidence to deal with emergency situations, potentially saving someone’s life
- It’s a perfect starting block to enter the surf coaching industry
When You Get Your Qualification
It lasts for two years before you will need to take a Lifeguard Proficiency
Your course manual will act as a guide throughout the duration of your qualification, so it’s always there to refer back to should you ever need it.
How to Take Your Surf Coach Safety and Rescue Qualification Further
The Surf Coach Safety and Rescue Award is a perfect starting point for someone interested in first aid and the responsibilities of holding a paid surf coach position. To further this qualification you may wish to consider the National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification (NVBLQ).
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be capable of kneeling on the floor to deliver CPR
- Be physically fit
- Become a member of SLSGB
- To demonstrate good swimming ability
- To demonstrate confidence in breaking waves
£250 for an individual
Discounts for groups and businesses
How to Book
Get in contact by phone or email to enquire or